Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Sprightly Prose

It's unfortunate there wasn't more time in the break that I could have gotten around to part 2 of my last entry- I didn't intend to just up and leave ends loose. Also unfortunate is how, without some vacation, my mindset has reverted back to desk-jockey mode. At least I’m able to still identify the distinction.

What had been batted around as a legit Omaha escape ended up a 24 hr to-and-fro given the other events of the week and my desire to truly lose myself in a string of nameless days around town. Since I booked a room for Saturday night, Cara tagged along and kept herself occupied while I was at the shindig that evening. Had a grand time over appliances and was none too happy to leave Mariott's plush king-size bed the next AM.
Monday was a real drag and it's this getting up at 5:30 business that's the real sin. Forces my hand at 9PM, which unravels to 10 after getting home at 6. The rest of the week has been noticeably better in the "life sucks" department. Little Caesar's and a bond flick last night…one in which we had seen not that long ago, but had left such a weak impression on the gray matter that you could have fooled me; "From Russia with Love". A new flotilla of LD's are on their way which I should have ordered _before_ the break. Well...live and learn (then forget and do it all over again).

More to come....

No comments: