Friday, March 19, 2010

Fibonacci's Corduory Conundrum


3/14/10- First day of lodge access.
A bit of a blur but this is how I recall it going down. Sunday- made a stab at heading to the lodge…and succeeded! Still some soggy, heavy, muddy snow blocking parts of the lane in, but once out there, I got busy. Opened some windows and aired the place out. Took off my coat and opened the shellac. Carefully measured the upstairs runs and corners and with only the table saw for assistance, I cut trim to length and shellaced 'em in the sunshine. While drying, I got the closet finished up, charged the compressor and surveyed the open list items. Installed what I could of the baseboard in the bedroom before the clock said it was time to go (actually, all the stock on hand). Had a good sit for a few minutes out on the deck admiring the neighbor's water-front property, then loaded the truck with trash cans and departed.


Still more OT spent at work for the week with a 3:30 reprieve Wednesday. Left work at 4, home at 4:30 to change and pick up my phone, then lodge at 5. Another "big" task closer to completion. The lower side deck still needed supports and joists…with angles. I finished the underpinnings just before the snow came on and there she sat for the winter. Got the difficult stuff done, then shellac'd more trim that I had picked up Monday night after work…..which brings us to…..

Thursday. I realized the night before after getting home that the shellac'd trim was still outside. Shellac and moisture do not mix. This was confirmed Thursday at 6:30 when I got the lodge. So- sand, couple coats of touchup, make a few cuts, move a few things upstairs, and at 7:30, trim was in. Bedroom 94% complete. Now I need the miter saw. Gotta say, even being "worn out": crossing things off my list and taking in the evening light feels 'good'.

Now, on the cusp of a Friday evening, heavy head and a long week behind me. Time to enjoy a bit.

No comments: