Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Sonic Time

Sonic Report 2012 I have never purchased a new car. It’s not that I’m necessarily against it, it’s just that there are very few new cars I could stand to drive day-in and day-out, and the ones that I could stomach are easily priced out of my means. In fact, there are also very few new cars that are really bargains. Except the Sonic. We’ve got thousands of miles racked up on the odo now and I’m fairly impressed. The build quality is quite good, the audio and displays are excellent. The engine is responsive and the manual trans has a good feel to it. None of the Japanese ergo oddities. None of the inconsistent font sizes and styles. No ‘lawn mower’ mimicry under the hood. The only issue we’ve had to date is a broken shifter cable, which was handled quickly and professionally. The mileage is almost unheard of which causes a new set of problems. Because of where we live, a trip “across town” can easily rack up 20 miles one way. The most recent mileage report on the Blazer was 11.5 MPG. Ouch. Needless to say, the Blazer doesn’t see a lot in the way of running errands these days. At a third of the cost of fuel, the Sonic has been filling in admirably. The problem? I always end up the passenger!

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2012-chevrolet-sonic-new-cars

No comments: