Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Spring


Seems like forever since I’ve posted, but things have been busy here the last month or so. I’ve made a big push to get all things interior-related with CS3 finished up before 1 April. This has meant evening construction practically every day, even with my Snap routine. It’s also meant a hard-core return to the To-Do list which, without, had days slipping by without progress. If you can track it and cross it off, you push to get it done.

So we’re 3 days into April.  There’s 4 of 8 front windows left to stain and the trim (already stained) is ready to go up around them. There’s a door to paint, but it has to be warm out because the thing has to be open to get painted. Some WIDE trim to cover the interior balcony edge (what’s it going to be?) And the false beam to finish (the prework blocking is now done). However, I’ve been equally busy on the exterior so I’m still on even ground. The soffits are completely finished. The soffit can lights are in and wired up and the trims are painted. The remaining roof “foam” job is done. The Remcraft floodlight unit is in. I’ve got 24’ of front over hang insulated (24’ more to go). And the profile for the front steel fascia has been submitted to Menards to be bent.

Anyhow, there’s lots of non-CS3 things that will need my attention this weekend if the weather holds. The Lodge clerestories and triangle windows all need cleaning (while I’ve got the picker), and the triangles will need their yearly seal inspection. The cement deck will need a hose-down and seal. The wood side deck needs a powerwash and a repaint. The cone lights need removal and painting (they’re aluminum and have their original paint). The ‘birds beak’ needs final trimout (now that I have a brake). Plus the roof and fascia inspection. Foundation painting. Metal railing painting. And more, I’m sure.

Plus it’s that time of year to take the plastic down from the kitchen/laundry area and do a big spring cleaning. Knock out the cobwebs, vac and scrub the floors, get the place ready for another season. Yeah, we may not be out of the woods yet with the overnight temps, but I’ve had enough.

No comments: