Monday, February 22, 2010

Fibonacci's Secret

A quick check of the archives reveals a fast-paced Feb '09. I had just gotten back from a whirlwind Florida trip. The month was moving by very quickly. I built the kitchen island out at the lodge (which I remember very well- it was a dry cold out there but sunny and I spent a long day with the kerosene heater, circ saw and clamps getting everything built up "just so"). Feb '10, however, is proving to be an opposite in many ways. No longer are there the post-work obligations of years past, and even though my hours at work fly by, the month drags on like a cement star being pulled across a field on a sheet of plywood.

The weekend that wasn't. Friday night was crippled by the fact I would have to get up at some ridiculous hour Saturday. Saturday was crippled by spending the morning at work, and exhausting the afternoon trying to make up for shut-eye lost. Sunday was crippled by all-around lethargy from the days prior. The silver lining, however, was Sat night. Despite feeling slightly achy and tired when Cara and I arrived at the PL (temporary bug?), it wasn't too long before the ship turned around. Drinks flowed like it was going out of style. We lined the pockets of steroid Steve and even gave ol' man Yukon Jack a try. I can honestly say, I had a great time.

Sunday was laundry, but not before hitting up HyVee for lunch, after striking out at Waffle Stop and Village Inn. Places were packed solid. A little tip- the all you can eat pizza buffet also includes the calzones and sausage rolls, which normally sell for a couple bucks each anyway. Not a bad deal; plus a chance to catch up on the 'paper and ads since we don't subscribe. Got things done over at the parents and took in one of the 'Pirates of the Carribean' flicks on TV.

Looks like another week of potential OT headin' my way. An excellent motivator to do a little more homework on my latest scheme.

No comments: