Monday, January 31, 2011

Welcome to the Last Day of January

January has always been a long month, at least for me. The cold is on. The snow gets deep. And the cabin fever seems to hit hard. Especially hard lately. On the upside, I've made good progress on the basement effort, done quite a bit of reading, and have the majority of heavy details pinned down for CSIII to be built later this year.

In an effort to combat the winter blues, I decided to take a breather on Friday. Ben joined me and we took care of a little thrifting on 18th street where I unloaded an excess LD player, then back to the parents to go through the archives of the computer museum. With a couple hours of sunlight left, it was time for the real deal. We headed lodge-way to make good on our traditional PL toast of getting something done with the '59's engine block. Off the stand, carted out, and loaded into the Blazer. From there, a machine shop in Dewar, IA. I should have an update later this week.

Saturday we renewed our memberships at the rec and did our best to avoid getting carried out on stretchers. The afternoon movie: Little Big Man (thoroughly enjoyed it). A trip to Lava Lounge was also in order for later that night but things went south quickly when I ordered a PBR and it arrived in a can. Returned home and gave a new LD a spin, a brief look into the private life of Albert Einstein. Brief it was. 60 minutes in all.

Sunday I putzed about. More sorting and culling downstairs. Laundry, ironing, the usual preparations for the week. Quite a bit of ebaying and when I finally was ready for bed, got the motivation to start on 3D geometry and layout for the new building (a version modeled to dimensions taken from the actual cementwork). Just what I needed (to avoid sleep).

Additional movies this week: A Single Man and The A-Team. Both hit their respective bullseyes.

No comments: