Wednesday, January 12, 2011

You Are Not LeBoeuf!

Wednesday. In the middle of an odd non-week. It all started 7 days ago when announcements were made about our production schedule, leaving Thursday as a layoff day for the workers, and myself in charge for Friday. That's when things really got odd. In the end, we were not going to run the following week (of course, salary folk must show), so I took Tuesday off after a semi-leisurely Monday. Plans changed and now we are running. Plus Sunday and Holiday. But Tuesday was a welcome break.

Monday, business as usual. Put in 8 hours. Filed paperwork at the Sheriff's office. Visited Scheels to inspect a few sidearms. Had a couple brews at the PL. Or should I say, paid-in-full for a couple brews at the PL. Picked up dinner, picked up Cara at the 'rents and we took in a viewing of Runaway Train.

Tuesday…had the day off to take care of a few things. Namely…moving. I started on draining water lines and scrubbing faucets and fixtures for the close of the season while Cara packed misc things to take in. I cut the heat, got out the hose to drain the water heater and pressure tank, cut a copper line I knew would cause trouble, and then went for the RV anti-freeze. At least I thought I had some. Next stop: Waverly. By the end of the day we had the place 95% winterized, power cut, made a stop at the humane society, unpacked in town, took in a screening of True Grit, and gave The Pizza Ranch a try. All-in-all, a grand time.

I realize this reads like a laundry list but time is shorter and patience shorter. It's about that time for a good reflection on life and the new year provides some inspiration for that. Now to pencil it in.

No comments: