Saturday, January 3, 2009

How it Stacks Up

A fine, fine break so far, but I can see the end in sight now, and that's always unfortunate. I liked getting lost in the days. Monday? Wednesday? Who cares! Of course the last couple days have been a little more trying. We brought home the new mattress set the other night. First couple nights, slept awfully. Much too firm. The last couple nights? Slept awfully. Fighting off some sort of sore throat/cold combo. Still tending to the daily duties though. Put the finishing touches on the dining room flooring yesterday. Also put the east wall at 75% insulated and 50% sheetrocked and can really go no farther with it till I know the lighting breakouts on that wall. The cedar wall is 80% there but I can do no more till good boards arrive at Menards. Today I'll trim the garage door section I've been working on and get it out of the way. Then bevel and install the balcony fascia so I can move on to sheetrocking the underside this afternoon. Then the canvas install on the west wall. Things are really shaping up out there but I find myself tripping over heaps of everything, including two more Maytags that had to be rescued.

Surely there's been more? Why yes. With Brittni and John in town Cara and I have stopped over occasionally for family events. Must've been the day after new year's we all stopped over for excellent lasagna, card games, and to Cara's chagrin, more of The Honeymooners. WGN was showing the "classic 39", as they're known, in a marathon....which I discovered NYE and kept the set occupied with. At the parents I got out the screwdriver, made a few connections, and Cara and I watched an episode on the '48 Emerson in the living room (next to the giant plasma set). 

More to write when I get a chance. And of course this year's construction update in photo-form, as always. I'll supply a link once that's set up. Now, to the lodge!

No comments: