Thursday, August 7, 2008

Save Big Money

One day to go and it's all down hill. Actually uphill I suppose. Starting Monday it'll be presentations at work and a trip to Moline to get my butt in gear on the new project. I hope by then I get my battery recharged. Despite solid sleep this past week I've had trouble maintaining my sanity without the help of Mt. Dew's many colored variants. Coffee? I polish off the thermos of black stuff by 10AM. The other night (Monday?) I jokingly zonked out on the bed at 8PM and got up 10 hours later! Must've been, why else would I be home by 8?

Tuesday was formwork tear-down, electrical business upstairs, hole-sawing and steel-marking for the balcony railing, and other hot, sweaty interior work that escapes me at the moment. 

Wednesday we got the kitchen cabinets assembled at the parent's place where there was plenty of soft carpeting and air conditioning (really?) to make assembly easier. Laundry in tandem, of course. 

That brings me to tonight. After picking up an angle grinder and more cedar boards at Menards (amongst other random items on my list), tonight's toilment went pretty well, actually. Watered the slab, planed down lots o' cedar, put in the new 3/16" "premium" receptacle plates upstairs, snapped chalklines and cut the expansion joints in the slab "shuffleboard" style, unloaded 3 kitchen cabinets and got the heck out of there before the bugs carried me off. Oh yeah, and tried out the new "brick rub" to take the edge off the triangle's corners, and played around with 12x12 vct tiles for the kitchen field to see if I can live with it. 

I've got a good "perspective rant" to put down but the fire is going out and I should probably make myself some dinner! 


No comments: